9.03.2004

It Makes Me Ill

So I'm sitting in the hallway of Teareud Hall waiting for my class to start and I grab my laptop to read the latest headlines and I find myself getting sicker by the second as I read about the conclusion of the hostage situation of the school in Russia. Over 100 bodies have been found in the gym. In the back of my mind I know that this is not nearly as bad as some events in human history but it makes me think about the lack of humanity within people today. What does it take to strike someone muchless kill another human being? How lost can a person be that thinks nothing of taking an innocent life, especially one of a child? It leads me to think about other things, things in my life and in my friends lives... how people are treated on a daily basis. People are selfish, rude, unforgiving, ignorant, greedy, and think nothing of it and how it affects others. I'm guilty of all those things myself, but I'd like to think that I would never degrade another human being to improve my own situation in life. Hopefully, there are more people who feel as I do... otherwise... the world will only get worse and worse until the human race self-destructs.

No comments: