9.23.2004

The Cat Came Back

... the very next day. The cat came back, we thought he was a goner...

I think this is the first time that I've ever heard of a hurricane being reborn and by reborn I don't mean that it was saved and became a Christian *glory hallelujah*... but that's right... Baton Rouge and soon to be parts of Texas is getting its share of tropical storm Ivan that destroyed parts of Florida and Alabama a week ago. Louisiana is known for its unpredictable weather, as the saying goes, if you don't like the weather now stick around for another 15 minutes and it will be completely different.

Either the drizzly rain or the gloomy skies are responsible for my pessimistic attitude, or I just work up on the "I'm seriously grumpy" side of the bed... but I have been horribly moody all day. I've decided that I hate the outdoors, I hate watercolors, and I hate having to paint outdoors with watercolors. I also hate ants, don't give me none of that "but all of God's creatures are special" crap. I think that I could have done without spiders and cockroaches and ants getting on that ark. Add rednecks, country music (sorry my country music loving friends), NASCAR and anything else to the list that could be considered remotely hick-ish to that list and the world would have been a better place.

Sorry for my demeanor... I promise to be happier tomorrow. I'll go drink some hot chocolate and that will make it allllll better.

No comments: