8.15.2004

Mary Poppins Lies

...a spoonful of suger does not make the medicine go down, it only makes the vile liquid taste like sweet vile liquid. Horses from a carosel can not detach theirselves from the aforementioned carosel. Finally... flying a kite isn't so easy or as fun as she makes it seem.

Now if you know me, you'll know there are very few things that I am not good at or do not pick up easily. So after about an hour or running around with my $10 kite... I gave up. Granted the fact that God stopped all traces of a wind (wasn't there a hurricane or something floating about?!?) right when I finally got the kite put together. I mean it literally took me maybe 3 minutes from the minute I walked outside and thought to myself "hey, the wind is blowing pretty hard... I could fly my kite" to getting the kite from behind my entertainement center (I kept it handy just in case such wind-blowing occured)... to when I placed four little spokie things in and there was a kite.... for the wind to literally cease and desist. God actually smote the wind I think.

Anyways, determined to attempt getting Butterfly to fly with the remnants of a breeze, I ran around in my yard for about an hour before I gave up and wound the string back up and sadly... placed Butterfly back into the box.

All sadness aside... I attended quite possibly the most "interesting" wedding ever... I'm not even going to attempt describing the exhibition of oddness. INSTEAD... I will tell you that I consumed the BEST HOT CHOCOLATE ever! I described it as a "liquid brownie"... it was really more like sex in a cup. I also lost my karaoke virginity... I couldn't help it... the microphone was too sexy...

No comments: