8.06.2004

I Miss Her


Lacey, 19
Click here to read Lacey's Non_Sibi xanga webjournal

I think about her all the time. Its been a year since my best friend left to work at Teen Mania Ministries in Tyler, Texas. Since then, I've only seen her twice, once I couldn't take it anymore and I drove all the way there to spend one precious day with her. She's finally coming home on the 14th to start college at LSU.

Lacey has spent the last year traveling everywhere you could possibly imagine to minister to people. That is her hearts desire, to reach and touch as many people as she can, which is why leaving and coming back home isn't exactly as joyous an occasion for her as it is for me. I know that those are feelings she's had to deal with and knowing her... she has come to realize that coming home and going to school will never limit her abilities to touch people. She has a light in her that her classmates will be able to see... people that walk by her will know something is different. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside and as we grew up together, I watched an unsure little girl transform into a strong and honorable woman.

Lacey has always been like a little sister to me and I remember times when I watched over her, from a distance though because Lacey never liked being supervised. There were many times that I wanted to help her but couldn't simply because I had to let her do it on her own. That being said in many ways... she has taken care of me too. I admit that since I fell away from church after I graduated from high school, that I've been through some struggles and continue to struggle in certain areas of my life. Nonetheless, she has never stopped loving me and as life goes on and our paths go seperate ways but always seem to be nearby.

I was listening to a song by LaRue yesterday and it overwhelmingly reminded me of her, so much that I found myself crying. I hope you know I love you Lacey.


Brianna's Song

I watched you grow
To be so bold
To wear your faith
Have it shine through your face

I see you as lovely that none can compare
And I see you as dancing although you cannot stand

And you have shown me how
How to know Him
And trust Him
You gave me a fire
Want to feel life
And embrace life
And to give life as though it were not your own
And there's nobody else
Who has shown me myself

I see you as lovely that none can compare
And I see you as dancing although you cannot stand

And I hear you
You're singing
Your passion
I'm feeling
It makes me
It breaks me
I long to sing like you

You
You
You

I see you as lovely that none can compare
And I see you as dancing although you cannot stand

No comments: