8.23.2004

The Last First Day

Well today officially marks the first day of the last year of my collegiate career. The fall semester started off in its usual madness... that is what typically happens when you go to a college with over 32,000 students (and that's just on the main campus.. LSU has 8 different campuses!). Parking problems were compounded by dazed and confused freshman and construction everywhere. As usual, I found it easier to park almost 15 minutes away from campus and simply walk in lue of driving around and hoping to snag a more convient spot. No amount of winking or flirting can help obtain that precious square footage inbetween white parallel lines. Parking out by the levee, is an event that usually only occurs on Saturdays during football season... but today... my little Saturn was on the green sloped hills along the river... and no bus in sight. Now, I don't normally object to walking... besides I heard somewhere that that's actually healthy... but my god... it was hot.

Anyways, although my gradutation is months away (in the spring *hint hint* I NEED MONEY *ahem* you know just in case you were wondering what to get me) there is a mixture of excitement and sadness. I pumped myself up this morning by blaring "Hey Fightin' Tigers" and other various LSU tunes while devouring a bowl of Fruit Loops. Sadness because I went to pick up my last set of $50 tickets to the games. That means if I'm still in Baton Rouge this time next year... add another $200 to that price just to enter Tiger Stadium. Yeah, that's definetly a reason to be sad. But this year, I'm still shaking my pom poms in the appropriate places and wearing my lucky fuzzy tiger tail so that it accents my God-given enhancements just right.

This last year promises to be a lot less stressful. I'm taking watercolor and oil painting, 3-Dimensional Design (a fancy way of saying sculpture), and the history of the New Testament (my only lecture class) this fall. I know it sounds like a fun schedule and really it is since I love to paint and have been itching to get my hands on paint brushes for some time now, but trust me, studio classes consume time and money like you wouldn't believe. My only consulation is the fact that I am a natural Speedy Gonzales when it comes to slapping paint on a canvas without sacrificing quality of course. Ariba! Ariba! Andale! Andale!

You'll have to excuse me now, I have to go out into the cold cruel professional world to prove my selfworth. Wish me Luck.

No comments: