8.06.2005

The One About an Alien Superbowl

So Chad and I get the opportunity to go to the Superbowl. I'm not sure who was playing, or where they were playing, but I know this arena was huuuuge ass huge. It was the open roof style, but at night, the sky was real clear. The pregame show was pretty awesome, you could see people's flashes going off all over the stadium from taking pictures. As the stage and dancers were clearing away, there was a special arrival off to one corner of the field. Agents burst through the door, but my attention wasn't on President George Bush as he came walking out with his goofy smile waving to the crowd. I was looking up at the huge spaceship above the stadium. They didn't waste any time, making us guess what they were there for, it was clear they were here to annihilate us, or at the very least, ruin the superbowl. They started shooting with their *lasers* at the crowds, but Chad and I were already running for the door hand in hand. My parents were somewhere in that crowd, I wasn't sure how we were supposed to find them and even I got separated from Chad at one point. I eventually got to a door that lead to the street... and it was only a few seconds before my parents and Chad came through another one. We quickly agreed to try to get to our cars and go to my house out in the country. The problem with that was that, Chad's car was in the parking garage. Of course, instead of doing the sensible thing and all getting into my parent's car, we head back into the stadium. As I passed by some of the arena entryways I could see back into the field, and was really surprised to see people still sitting in their seats... slowly running out... geeze people... get alien rayed then... I'm getting to the car. People were trying to get out of the parking garage, which I was sure to be a nightmare, but it really wasn't... if you didn't let people in the line they would hit you... soooo kinda made that choice easy. We finally got out of there in one piece... and the alien ray had made its way outside the stadium to the people running around in the street. I think at one point we had to abandon the car and find safety inside.

Now the next part of the dream occurs over several days, we had no idea how to fight these aliens but they had ground troups and were going building by building chasing down every human in sight. We were on foot, trying to make our way to Greenwell Springs, but we were in this huge metropolis that I didn't really recognize except for when we got closer to the Baton Rouge airport. The aliens seemed to have every major highway or road under control, so we weren't sure how to get there. They had these guns that killed you instantly. I was the one that discovered that if you were hugging a tree planted into the ground, they stunned a little bit like a low voltage electrical shock... but didn't kill you. The aliens were very frustrated by this... I'm not sure why they didn't just pry us from the trees. Most babies were also immune. Now don't laugh... but I think human feces were a repellant. So hug a tree, crap in your pants, save your life. Well... now we were stuck on the 2nd floor of a multifloor building because the stairs had not been put in yet. It's at this point that I realize that I've had poor little Ari (my pet turtle) in my pocket this entire time. So this turtle has been through it all and is still living. We make a makeshift slide... and Chad goes down first. Then a couple of more people... I'm holding one side of the slide up. Then its my turn to go... and no one hold the stupid slide for me... so I barely make it. Grab Chad's hand again and off we go.

Still can't seem to make it out to my house (it's REALLY out there) and a couple of weeks of running around in soggy pants, hugging trees goes by. At this point, the aliens have taken over our world and have become the primary species. They give up killing us... and we become I guess... the day-laborors of the world, suited for the hard labor and jobs the aliens don't want to do. So, Chad and I get assigned to, ironically, repairing the stadium in time for the aliens to start their football season. The story ends when I pull Ari out of my pocket, and the aliens become fascinated with the little turtle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So hug a tree, crap in your pants, save your life" That's not going to be the quote of the week.
Reminds me of "Mars Attacks" you needed to whip out the old yodelly country music...
And I liked how you didn't say it was a dream right away. At first I thought it was REAL