1.26.2005

Over the River


Mississippi River Bridge

I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on the Mississippi River Bridge... it terrifies me every time. Don't ask me why, it just does. Anyways I got off work really early and decided to visit my dad and Chad at work... aww how sweet of me. That meant driving over the big scarey bridge. They have no idea how much of a sacrifice that is for me.


Community Coffee, Port Allen Plant

This is where they work. They are the lab technicians (that's a fancy way of saying "taste testers"). Chad conned me into going and getting doughnuts for them... I'm such a sucker. In exchange I got a blue icee... of course it turned my entire mouth blue... that's always attractive.

Anyways, since I was on that side of the river, I went and saw my grandmother. It amazes me every time how much more selfish she gets everytime I go see her. I don't feel like I have relationships with any of my grandparents, especially not her because she is so selfish (the other one lives rather far away). My family in general is detatched from each other. On my dad's side, I haven't seen one of my uncle and his entire family since I was about 10 years old. My mom's side is a better about things like that... at least I get to see them twice a year. My family is so hard to explain.

No comments: