1.01.2005

LSU vs Iowa in the Capitol One Bowl

( 25-30 Loss )

Thus begins my last collegiate career entry concerning LSU football... it is a sad moment for me since if I ever do this again it won't be as a student but as an alumni. Even sadder considering I am not the only one to be leaving soon. Tomorrow head coach Nick Saban begins his new job at Miami. I offically despise anything of or relating to dolphins or any other marine cetacean mammal.



Anyways I'm gonna quit pouting now. It was an exciting game which is always fun to watch, even if you lose. I'm saying that only because we did lose. For the most part of the game, both offenses struggled against strong defenses. If this game was compared to an oreo cookie blocked punts, field goals, fumbles and interceptions would be the cream. Iowa's first possesion was exciting (well for them) because in 6 plays they had the first touchdown of the game. The real fireworks 3 quarters later in the 4th when the Tigers overcame a 12-point deficit with 8½ minutes left. Unfortunately they left less than a minute on the clock with which Iowa came back and threw a hail mary as the clock ran out which of course was miraculosly caught by a miraculously wide open reciever who then miraculously pranced into the endzone and there was much rejoicing.

This touchdown was made by a fifth-year senior and that was the first touchdown of his career. How sweet....



Well... not for LSU. So thus ends the fairytale 2003 National Championship run of my beloved Tigers... "what's in your wallet?"

No comments: