10.04.2005

LSU vs Mississippi State


( 37 - 7 Win )

So the plan for the day was to pick up Chad, get my car's inspection sticker done, head to Annagelle's to watch the game on the big screen at her parents house. She had ordered it on TigerVision and invited us over for a nice lunch beforehand. So I got up and got ready, went to Wal-mart, specifically to attempt getting the stuffed Florida Gator out of the claw machine (yes I was plotting evil and devious things to do to it). Well, sadly it's tale was caught underneath something else and $3 later, I had no Gator. Dejected, I had to move along.

So I got my gas, picked up Chad, went to the inspection sticker place. Too long of a wait, so I guess I will just have to put it off some more (surprise*surprise).

We were on the road to south Louisiana and had just turned off the Old Mississippi River Bridge in Baton Rouge, when I saw a man riding a chicken on the side of the road. I couldn't say anything I was laughing too hard... when I finally got my breath. Chad asked what I was cracking up about... and I just looked at him astounded.

I said... "You mean to tell me... you didn't see the guy riding the chicken along the side of the road?" At that point, I questioned my sanity. So... just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I made the decision to turn around. As we passed back by, I knew I wasn't just seeing things. There he was. We pulled over alongside the poultry cowboy and pulled out our cameraphones.




Talk about something you can only believe would exist
in the state of Louisiana... a man... riding a chicken.


Anyways... got to Annagelles... chilled on the floor with Lucky watching the Tennessee game. What a bunch of pansies.
So we sat down to eat a delicious meal of crawfish fettucine and texas toast. *thumbs up*

Roll on over to the big screen, turn on the game. Our hearts all stopped. Mississippi State scores on the first possesion. I think everyone was thinking just about the same thing, were we about to get our Tiger Tails handed to us on a silver platter by... Mississippi State? *gasp*



Thankfully the answer to that question was no. LSU went on to score 37 unanswered points. As a light rain began to fall, the Mississippi State faithful began to head for the exits. I was thankful for that because I was so tired of hearing those dumb cowbells they were banging around in the background.

Now, I have to say the worst part about the entire thing was the quality of TigerVision. These people must own a maximum of two cameras. One of which was constantly struggling to find a focus on anything, the other I wish had been out of focus because it was constantly getting those *artistic shots* laying on the ground. Too bad there was some ref constantly standing in front of it... what a nice view of his big white butt.



The Tigers rebounded from a heartbreaking overtime loss to No. 10 Tennessee by bullying the Bulldogs into their third conference loss of the season. After that, we switched back and forth inbetween ASU tearing up USC and Bama taking the wind out of those Gators. Well, turns out that USC did their annoying charade as usual (I'm beginning to think that they think that the game is only 30 minutes long.... ohhhh those californians.) and Annagelle lost a dollar, thanks to Florida. She's sending them a bill I think.



So anyways... we really enjoyed the company. As we were driving back home to Baton Rouge, we saw this in the clouds... so cute so I took a picture of it.


Can you see the heart? It gave me the warm fuzzy feeling :)

And here are the pictures took by Adam, he actually went to the game. I said I would post them online.



No comments: