10.18.2005

The Family Dinner

Most Friday evenings around 9pm-11pm you can find me at Perk's Coffee & Tea on Perkins Rd. enjoying some improve comdey. The troop is called The Family Dinner. It's always a good time, generally clean, and cheap entertainment.

So I thought I'd share a few of the pictures I've snapped with my phone at a few of the shows.


Tauzin!!! Leave your shirt on for just ONE show!


Sherman the Happy Knome, Do you have a knome inside?


This is not what it looks like! Oh wait.. maybe it is.

Well anyways... at the conclusion of the show, they do the "Irish Drinking Song". If you've ever watched Who's Line is it Anyways, you may be familiar with the melody. It's a classic ABCB DEFE scheme, usually based on some mundane but slightly interesting topic like ponies.

Steve, one of the long time members of the troop, usually struggles with this game, and the result is often a visit from the "Hobo Train". A creation of many goof ups, the Hobo Train rolls through when someone completely messes up their turn to sing. Lately, Steve has been coming up with some zingers which leads us to the conclusion that he must have recently been laid.

Last Friday, the suggestion was White Trash... and this was Steve's contribution.

"We were very poor
and we didn't have a car.
So I had to ride my mother.
She doesn't go very far.

The only problem is
when you ride your mother,
when you hit a bump
you have another brother."


Needless to say, the audience roooooolled with shocked laughter and we all packed it up and went home, slightly disturbed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went up to Tennesee
They played Rocky Top
I really really hate that song.
I wish that they would stop!
They played it one more time
It brought me to tears
So I rounded up the Tigers
And we ate the Volunteers!