10.31.2004

TSU vs LSU vs Vanderbilt

( 20 - 24 Win )( 24 - 7 Win )

Alright Alright I know I've been slacking... buuuuut a funny thing happened on the way to the game last Saturday. Actually, it wasn't so funny. My car died (and has yet to be revived). So I missed last week's homecoming... although I wouldn't say I "missed" some parts of homecoming. I like the parade but I can do without the whole pagentry part.

Anyways my point is... I didn't go but I did get to watch it on TV at least although Tigervision sucks esp. on a big screen tv. So I was sitting on the couch, doodling some sketches for my sculpture class while watching splotches of color on a screen and thinking... I thought you were supposed to pick a team that you could dominate for homecoming?



TSU has suprised many teams in the past with great performances and that night proved to be one of those nights because the Tigers fell far short of dominating anyone except maybe the cheerleaders. DAMN YOU FOR NOT LETTING US WEAR OUR LUCKY WHITE JERSEYS!!!

I think Nick Saban chewed some people out in that locker room at half time... oh well... a W is a W.


Marcus Spears gets another sack

Moving on to a team I love to make fun of in every way possible... Vandy. How much does Vandy stink at football? Let us count the ways (which will probably take more time than counting the fans).

1. Walk around the Vanderbilt campus and you'll see no sign of school spirit, except for the banners hung by sororites who "love the Dores" but not enough to show up at games.

2. Most of the tailgaters are decked out in the opponents colors.

3. As the mighty Commodores sprint out of their tunnel to the roar of their fans, they are drowned out by the overwhelming cries of the visiting team's backers.

4. Even the rare goal-post tearing down moment has an empty feeling which brings me to the age old question: If a goalpost falls at Vandy, will anyone be there to see it?


Oh look... another touchdown.

*shrugs* win or loose, mostly the latter of those two options, they are the poster-childs of those who can't... shouldn't.

Now for highlights. Alley Broussard ran for 80 yards and a touchdown, spearheading a strong running game by LSU. Against Vanderbilt, LSU rushed for 273 yards. LSU, which was second in the SEC in passing at 249 yards a game, threw only 11 times for 102 yards against the Commodores. It was the fewest passes for LSU since the Tigers threw only nine times against Tulane on Nov. 27, 1980.


Seeing big yellow butts was a re-occuring theme for Vandy players.

The Commodores struggled against the Tigers' defense, ranked fifth in the nation. Skyler Green returned a punt 65 yards in the third quarter. Did anyone else hear the crunching on that huge hit the next play after that? I actually kinda felt bad for whoever that was.

Speaking of Skyler Green... Skyler the girls that were sitting behind me seriously want to have your babies... you should give them a call and procreate.


Loved this t-shirt... the fighting squirrels

Every game for the last two years my dad has written a poem after each game... I've never posted any of these "creative" expressions but today I shall. In his literary debut Ernest Daigle presents an ode to...

TROJAN MAN
For those who get lucky
Trojan Man tries to help make the night
Well, LSU got lucky
but this time, Trojan Man put up a fight
A sordid tale of defeat the Trojan Man began to spin
Whle LSU tried hard to give away a surefire win
Out of their sheath, the Tigers finally burst through
Longivity = 4 hard long quarters for our boys from LSU
Trojan Man, your plans were surely meant for our harm
but when the night was over, it was our Tigers who left Baton Rouge
Feeling sensations, of a victory, so nice and warm.

No comments: