10.15.2004

LSU vs Florida

( 24 - 21 Win )

I hear Florida's coach, Ron Zook, isn't sleeping too well lately especially since since Saturday's 24-21 home loss to LSU, which practically elimnated Florida's chance for a conference title while practically guaranteeing LSU another chance at the SEC Championship.


The best "seats" in the house.

If it weren't for my 7th sense of being able to predict football games (if I was the betting kind I'd be filthy rich) I would have been having a heart attack. It couldn't have been more dramatic. Luckily for me, I've had an easy feeling the entire week that we would somehow win this game. Fumbles, interceptions, injuries and many many annoying penalties. The refs were missing calls against Florida and a few cheap shots the Florida players didn't get away with just proved that Florida has always played a little dirty, literally kicking the other team (or stepping on them) while they are down.

The Gators led 21-17 with about two minutes to play Saturday, but the Tigers drove 50 yards for the go-ahead score with little resistance. Not only did LSU rebound from an embarrassing 45-16 loss at Georgia last week, it also overcame a 21-7 deficit, three turnovers and the loss of starting quarterback JaMarcus Russell against Florida.

"We had to get humiliated," LSU coach Nick Saban said. "Sometimes, especially with young players -- just like your puppy dog -- you have to rub their nose in it. We got our nose rubbed in it, and we responded the right way and I'm really proud of that."



We've been embarrassed before and by the Gators at that. I remember their win against us, our only loss last season, in Tiger Stadium.

So what made the difference between a LSU team that should have won last year and didn't and a LSU team that did win this year that shouldn't have... well that's easy... I had on my lucky lavendar underwear.

No comments: