10.15.2004

Neon Annoyances



I saw this car in the residential parking lot at LSU on my way to class. I found it so humorous that I had to turn back around and pull out my cameraphone and take a picture.

I'm not sure why people feel like they have to play dress-up with their Dodge Neons. I admit, I drive a 95 Saturn SL2, and although my car is in excellent condition, I don't make it to be more than what it is. It will never be, even in my dreams, anything close to an Italian import, so why pretend with body-kits and spinners.

Although this isn't an example of the annoying practice of buying a $9,000 car and then doing $15,000 worth of upgrades on it... it is an example of what not to do with a random spoiler lying around. I wish you could see it on this picture... but the entire hood, roof, and trunk area is completely rusted... maybe the spoiler offsets the reduction in speed from all the rust *shrugs*

No comments: