10.24.2004

Look Maw! Elevation!


This is me...



and this is my trip to Nashville, Tennessee...

First time in an airplane in twelve years... let me tell you
I was a little bit nervous. I packed way too much for
one person, but I didn't realize it until I was dragging it
around the airport in New Orleans. Its a small price to pay
for 4 days relaxation with no strings attatched.

Anyways, got there on a Tuesday evening... went to sleep *wooohooo* soooo exciting I know... but I was tired.


Yeah there's a guitar going through my head...

Didn't do too much while I was there... couldn't... I was poor.
That's okay, Nashville was still a beautiful place to walk around
and last time I checked walking was free.


A funny thing happened on the way to the Parthenon

That's my favorite picture... some columns... yada yada I know
it may seem boring but its a beautiful picture. That was taken at
the art museum in the city park, a to-scale replica of the Parthenon
in Greece... way cool. I called my mom while I was there and told
her that I was at the Parthenon because I decided to go to Greece...
her response "but honey, I thought you were in Nashville,
why did you go to Greece"... sometimes its too easy hehe


I know its crooked... downtown Nashville.

In this picture you can see the "infamous" batman building.
Its just a building with pointy ears that apparently Bellsouth
inhabits. From a distance this building stands out on the skyline
and it really does look like the batman costume Val Kimler used
to wear... upon further inspection I compared it to a transformer,
which is like the god of all old-school cartoons, and another
friend said it reminded him of a truck... so I'm guessing the
correct answer to this "what is it?" question is... all of the above.


Home of the Tennessee Titans

That's a very nice stadium...


Hard Rock Cafe

And thats a spinning guitar in front of a very nice stadium...



and THIS is where the hockey team would be playing if there was such a thing as a hockey team playing hockey right now *ugh*



I just put up this picture cause it has Gumby and Pokie in it :)


Thats a rockin' fiberglass horse.

Speaking of fiberglass... I've never seen more fiberglass Elvises in my life... I mean really what's that obsession all about. Anyways that's the Wild Horse Saloon. Downtown Nashville has plenty of hole-in-the-wall places that are institutions in the music industry. Everybody famous has at one time played here or there or somewhere in the vicinity. Music row, where aspiring nobodies take their demo-tapes to hopefully become somebodies, looks like an ordinary street in the garden district of Baton Rouge. Its really quite boring yet somehow not.

One thing that isn't so boring... basements! These people have real basements... I've yet to see a basement though (we don't have basements in Louisiana... we can't even bury our dead underground in some places cause of the shifting of the soggy earth)


I got the blues.

Somebody once told me that the home of blues was recently moved from Memphis to Baton Rouge. My question is... why? Nobody in Baton Rouge knows this... which is unfortunate because I've really grown to appreciate certain genre's of music that I didn't when I was younger such as Jazz and Blues and Classical and all that good stuff. One genre I'll probably never be able to "appreciate" is country... I'm not sure why but it just irritates me... all that and I go to Nashville for a vacation... so ironic.

The one thing I learned from this trip... them peoples in Tennesse love waffles... there's a Waffle House every 5 feet I swear...

No comments: