11.15.2005

LSU vs Florida


( 21-17 Win )


Yeap there's me... amongst a record crowd of 92,402

So... this is quite possibly the most exciting home game of the season for us, since we play both Alabama and Ole Miss on the road. Tennessee has proven theirselves worthy of being called sucky, which makes the loss to them at home even more irritating. Nonetheless, I'm determined to get myself into this game. So I guess you can assume I did... considering the picture above.


Pimpin' my car *hehe* before the game. This stays on the rest of the season.

I wake up, get dressed, complete with my lucky fuzzy tiger tail and ears... get ready to leave... and I stop. What have I forgotten. How could I have missed this... I haven't written "geaux tigers" on the back windshield in insanely large yellow letters. Last year I did purple... need to switch things up every now and then. All is well. Go to game.


Some spiffed out poodles... they're there every game with their fancy haircuts

I brought my real camera this time. By those of you who have no clue what I mean when I say real camera, I'm talking about film people. I realize some of you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's very similar to paper and the basis behind those things you call photographs. So since I had my real camera and there was no rush to get to our seats for the first time ever, we decided to hang around for the parts we normally miss. I was finally able to get a picture or two of these doggies I always enjoy spotting walking through the crowd at home games.


The cheerleaders get the crowd going before the team walks to the locker room.


The Golden Band from Tigerland.

We're usually already in our seats when the walk occurs. When the cheerleaders, band, and players make their way from the bus at the top of the hill down through a corridor of crazed fans. It was nice to relax and enjoy the tradition. So from what I hear, there's a game about to start... I guess I should tell you a little bit about that huh?


"Here come your Fighting Tigers!"

I could save you a lot more stress than I had to endure just by saying, "we won", but what's the fun in that. This was an exciting win because both teams really worked hard towards victory. It was very emotional... a necessary win for both teams. Unfortunately, that simply can't happen.


*pounce*


Florida has the ball on my end of the field early in the game.
Which means... they have a way to go.



Yay! for Halftime.


LSU has the ball around the 50 yardline. YAY! for zoom lenses.


Joseph Addai scores the go-ahead touchdown.


Yay! for Winning.

Florida left Baton Rouge with big ole' alligator tears in their eyes. Early in his postgame news conference, while trying to explain No. 11 Florida's 21-17 loss to No. 10 LSU at Tiger Stadium, Urban Meyer at one point paused for more than 30 seconds trying to compose himself. It didn't work. Tears filled his eyes. They were tears of frustration and devastation, desperation, resignation, and yet, extreme pride for his team that had worked so hard. He felt like the Gators showed heart for the first time this season.

While most expected Miles to be overjoyed with LSU's comeback and impressive defensive performance, he was livid because of five turnovers, 11 penalties and five sacks. LSU practically handed a W to the Gators on a silver platter. After scoring 14-0 in the first quarter, Florida scored 17 straight points by the third all. Still throughout the game there was consistency, LSU's offense consistently sputtered and the Gators consistently failed to capitalize on all of LSU's mistakes. Had they been capable of doing so, they could have easily pulled far ahead of the Tigers. Instead, LSU was able to snap the 3 game winning streak the Gators had in Death Valley. I guess they'll just have to chomp on that for a while.


Not the official score, but I have the pictures to prove that I wasn't crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh look, now the whole internet gets to see the Amazing Vibrating Jesus!

Cynthia said...

Yay! for the amazing vibrating Jesus!