7.13.2005

It's Over... Or So They Say



Admittedly, I've set foot on actual ice only once in my life. Although I didn't fall once within the 2 hour time span, I felt the pain in my ankles the next day. I've seen snow once in my life. I was in kindergarten. I've never been to an NHL game. Yet somehow, I love hockey and have been deprived for way too long than what would be considered humane. I could imagine how those who live in the northeastern part of the country feel. Rabid fans who eventually turned into zombies waiting for the news that the lockout has ended.

According to my lockout timer, it has been exactly 300 days more or less. Many questioned if the sport could survive. Many questioned if an agreement would ever be reached. Today they claim that one has but my answer to that is we shall see. I will not be convinced that something couldn't happen until I see the puck drop on the ice, hopefully in person. Then I will breathe a sigh of relief and then do the chicken dance... because we all know it gets played at least once within one of the three periods.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hockey schmockey.

I'm doing the chicken dance right now.