4.28.2005

Excuse Me... a Pet What!?!

So... I'm sitting here at the LSU System's office where I work... and Ms. Sandra (my supervisor) is sitting at her desk doing her work. The phone rings. I hear Ms. Sandra greet the caller... a few seconds later...

"I'm sorry... you want to know how to keep a pet catepiller?"

Its kind of one of those moments where you kinda do that whole... "did I just really hear that?" thing. Indeed the caller was inquiring on how to maintain a pet catepillar.

Campus information is notorious for directing random calls to our office for no apparent reason... and this is by far the weirdest call we've gotten in recent times, especially since the obvious department would be the vet school for such an inquiry.

Regardless, there is someone weirder than myself and I take comfort in the fact that my dreams of a color-changing pony and a pet otter are not the strangest out there.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Nope... I don't dream of color-changing ponies... I want to own a color-changing pony (a desire inspired by the wizard of oz horse). Its just a matter of time before it happens in the world of genetic testing :)