3.25.2005

The Muppet Experiment

I woke up having a really really wierd dream. If I've ever told you about my dreams you'd know that me having a wierd dream is nothing new. Anyways, we're going to go with the theme of fairy tales and muppets for last night. My dream had three parts.

In part one, I was competing in a talent competition at a rather snobby proper school. You know, one of those schools, where typically jocks and cheerleaders rule the entire world. I was the first act. Apparently I had chosen the "shock and awe" approach because I was in the gym in front of the entire school and I stripped butt naked, grabbed a pole (that conviently was installed right in the middle of the basketball court) and started working the pole. Needless to say, the girls were disgusted but the guys... whooooaaaa baby. Anyways, in a "bring it on" manner, the entire cheerleading squad feels the need to strut their stuff. It was basically a little guy vrs. the popular crowd senario. Of course I won, gathered my clothes, and got on a bus to go home.

Part two concerns the fairy tale. I was dropped off by a bus transporting me from part one to two. I apparently lived in a castle by the ocean. The wind was blowing and the tall windows were open blowing the lacey curtains out into the rain. The doorbell rings and all of a sudden the house is flooded by people I don't recognize carrying books and books of pictures. They are claiming to be my long lost relatives and have come to enlighten me on my heritage and the youth I seemingly can't remember. It would be hard to believe, but the pictures they had, were of me as a baby and progressively getting older. I can't remember those years. Apparently, I am a princess (hence the required castle). For some reason... they all keep on tempting me with cake and there's one particularly creepy old lady.

In the third part, Chad and I went to the movie theater to watch a new Muppet movie. Afterwards, for some strange reason, we decided to do a little experiment. We wanted to find out if everytime you gathered a particular group of animals or species (because nobody really knows what gonzo is... alien right?) if they would break out in song and dance. So we created our "shopping list" and began to collect the required subjects... putting each in the trunk of a car. I can't quite remember all the animals, but they didn't really line up to what is typically thought of as a Muppet crew. The last animal to be collected was a treetop boa constrictor... which we had to bait with tennis balls covered in rat scent... we finally lure the boa to the trunk of the car and cram all 40 feet of it in...

Sure enough they all launch into song and dance right there... the scene ends with the trunk being closed on them all but you can still hear the charade going on.... everything fuzzes out and I wake up.

No comments: