3.27.2006

*WHEW*

So, I got this random email from a lady a week ago today, publisher of a local social magazine, looking for a graphic designer. She told me that she had done a search for local designers seeking employment and ran across a listing for my MySpace blog which I had wrote about being unemployed.

After a quick search of the company she said she was with (InRegister Magazine), I decided to at least give her a call as per her request and see what it was she had in mind.

She wanted me to come in for an interview, so when she asked if I was ready to start interviewing, I replied that truthfully I wasn't, but we scheduled one anyways. I worked the entire week, going back and forth from my house to Chad's apartment where I have aaaaall my stuff, getting ready for it. Parts from EBay to fix my broken computers, incidents with bleeding on projects from xacto blade cuts, zero sleep for 24 hours prior to the interview. It wasn't easy to get together in what amounted to less than a day and there was a lot of stress but I made it to their building 5 minutes ahead of time.

Well, it turns out that the one program I definitely needed to know for the job, I definitely was not experienced in. This is generally considered a BAD thing. I know that I'm talented and smart and continually hope that people can see that within my work; nonetheless, all the talent in the world can't make up for experience. I left the interview feeling really down and out because I knew my lack of experience with one thing or another would probably be something I'd be struggling with during every interview.

So I got a call from them this morning and when I heard... "So when are you ready to come to work?!?" I was shocked to be honest. I think my "Are you kidding?" response was probably less than professional... but who cares! I was so freaking excited. I start on Wednesday!

I know that it is the job God wants me to have right now, by any legitimate means, I should have not gotten this job, but I am entirely grateful for the opportunity given to me to learn new things and work in a faster environment. God is Good.

Now if He can only manage a way for me to find business clothes (that fit right!). Gone are the days when I can show up to work in a T-Shirt, jeans, and flip flops.

No comments: