2.17.2006

December 27th 2005

This will probably be the most boring post ever, but I had some cool pictures of the sky and stuff.

The last night in New York was devoted to gathering all my stuff and packing. My flight was scheduled to leave at 6:40 am from Newark, NJ. It was freezing as I had to stand outside the airport waiting to be checked in. I apparently got into the wrong security line and after waiting there for 30 minutes, learned that the person checking at the end of the line had failed to inform me that I was in the wrong line. So, pretty aggravated for having wasted valuable time, I got into the line I was directed to. Because so much time had been wasted, I had to run to my gate to make sure I wouldn't miss boarding the plane. I was there in time... but I was unaware that my luggage wasn't. I had been awake for 22 hours at this point.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Watching the Sun rise at 27,000 ft in the air

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

The Florida coastline

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

Landing in Tampa, FL

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

I landed in Tampa at 9:20, time awake: 25.5 hours. After landing, I meet Matt at the baggage claim. We watched the conveyor belt go round and round and as people got their luggage and began to clear out, it became apparent that I had gotten screwed. My luggage was nowhere and I wasn't tooooo happy. We went to the Continental Claims desk and waited for a while for the snappy lady to help us. After giving her my information, she informed me that my luggage was still in NJ but would be arriving on the next flight. I choose to wait for them, instead of having them delivered to me in Orlando. Matt and I rode around Tampa for a while until it was time to go back to the airport to pick up my bags.

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

It was about 2 oclock before I got my luggage and we could drive to Orlando. The drive from Tampa to Orlando was about an hour. I had been awake for 30+ hours at this point. Once I got to my room at the hotel, I spent the rest of the day/evening catching up on some much needed sleep.

No comments: