12.13.2005

Uh Oh

I met my friend Stephen today for lunch. It was great except for the fact that I had to leave the restaurant without giving our waitress a tip and although I feel really bad about that, we practically only saw her when she was there to get our order. I had to go find her for ketchup and then as we sat at our table for 30 minutes when we were done, I finally flagged down another waitress to get our check and boxes (which they didn't have any so our waitress gave me a tiny styrofoam tub... nice). Well, our waitress walks up to the table about 10 minutes later and instead of being apologetic for making us wait for drinks, ketchup, check ect. says "Are ya'll looking for me?" in a very hurried and rude manner. She got our change as the tip... a whoooole 2 cents. Which in my opinion, is two cents more than what she really earned.

Anyways, shortly after I got back to my desk I recieved a call on my cell phone from an unregistered number. I answered the phone and heard a very abrupt female voice. She said, "Ms. Daigle, this is Officer Jenkins with the Sherrif's Department, where are you located right now?" I was kinda stunned by the question and replied, "uhhhhhhh at work." She replied with, "Well, we just needed to make sure where you are.", said goodbye, and hung up.

About a thousand questions shot through my brain within 3 seconds... the first one being, "Damn they caught me." The second being, "hmmmmmm... I wonder if that was REALLY the Sherrif's Office." So I *google* the number. Yeap, it was them alright.

So, I just sat at my desk waiting for them to come get me when my phone rangs again. It's the same number. I answered it with a curious sounding "Hello?". Officer Jenkins was back. This time she begansto explain her earlier phone call.

APPARENTLY, my mother was at home taking a bath in the back bedroom when she heard banging around in the kitchen and living room area of the house. Knowing she was supposed to be home alone, she freaked out, ran and locked her own bedroom door. She then drug the very large chest of drawers in front of the door and proceeded to call 911. She was certain that there was a man in the house. The Sherrif Office called me to make sure that I wasn't just home early from work.

I was informed that an officer had been dispatched to the house and found the intruder... our very own bassett hound, whom is a house dog by the way. That's right, my mother called the police on my dog.

Image019
Doesn't she look like a serious threat to all humanity?

I can only imagine what the Officer was thinking when he arrived on the scene.

No comments: