5.15.2006

A Day at the Office

The job is going well, I'm glad to say. There is the drama that occurs when you cram 12 women into one office, albeit everyone has their own area/office/dwelling place in a two story building. Today was the test of the cookie which wasn't really a test until Susan (the art director) broke one delicious white macadamian nut cookie in half and handed it to me, at that point I failed. I do not have any regrets and the cookie didn't feel a thing.

The morning started off with dramatic reinactments of a break in. A window in the kitchen area was smashed in during the night, an attempted bugulary.

A long day set in of creating advertisements and laying out magazine pages. I have no means by which to judge how well I am doing as the "newbie" except for the much appreciated compliments. They keep on letting me do things so that's always a good sign. I think my moment of glory was after I finished working on an ad for a local grocer who wished to promote his deli department. When I printed it out, Susan looked at it and said... "oh my they'll looooove this... I have to admit... I've never seen anyone make meat look good... and in black at white at that!"

File that in the... *hmmmmm okay* department. But you can file my "*meat*meat*meat* I like meat" jingle that I came up with while working on the ad in the WTF department. Go ahead... make your sick jokes. I know you're going to.

No comments: